Saturday, October 18, 2014

Trust

Well as of last Wednesday evening, with all subjects removed, our house is officially SOLD! Phew! The days past quickly, but waiting always feels like forever. Many a times did I feel the frustration and impatience grow within me. I am grateful for the moment I would recognize it and place that trust back in the hands of God. It's so easy to want to take the reigns and try to charge the horses down the path I think is best. This is something I know I will be confronted with on a daily basis during this journey towards our heart dream. The world will try to distract us, push us, tease us, and convince us that there is a better path.

I ask that you do not be confused. Yes, this is our heart dream. A dream so deep within us that it truly is a part of us. But it was not us that put it there. I believe that it was created in us. I know that I am no creator, and although I think at times that I have pretty good ideas, I fail victoriously at designing anything so beautiful. Most of the ideas and goals I place before myself end in disaster because I desperately try to keep control of the ship on my own, believing that it is mine alone to steer.

I pray time and time again that I will be reminded that this will unfold into what it is to be if I trust in the One who created it. And when I do, this is what happens:

- Jason is given a job that will allow him to work from home at least part time once we move out of Kelowna and possibly full time from home in the future.

- We find house plans that we couldn't have dreamed up any better.

- We find an area two hours out of Kelowna that we absolutely love.

Now, I know this journey won't always be as sweet as pie, but what would trust be if only ever trusting in easy things? There will always be decisions, sacrifices, hard lessons, and discipline. Keep 'em coming - great things never come from comfort zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment