We worked hard last weekend and accomplished getting the
four walls framed and raised for our shed. It took us about 4 hours to get the
first wall raised as it weighed hundreds of pounds and it was just the two of
us. I was certain someone was going to get seriously injured. So, we took it
slow and thought out each step. I have a whole new appreciation for simple
machines. Levers, wedges, and screws were my new best friends. Literally, inch
by inch we raised that wall. I will admit I did a happy dance when it was
finally up.
The next three walls were a piece of cake. However, the next
challenge is to side the walls, which will be this weekend. I have no idea how
we’re going to accomplish the whole task without scaffolds – but I’m sure we’ll
figure out something.
The furnace and fridge are back working again – yippee! No
more cold nights and no more warm milk.
We continue to truck in water and covet our hot (short)
showers in the evening after working all day in the dirt.
Friday was spent taking Daddy to town for work and enjoying
exploring our new home town. We checked out Home Hardware and found work gloves
for little hands. We found a café with an indoor waterfall and pond to do our
school work beside while we treated ourselves to a raspberry strudel and fresh
fruit. We headed to the library and found a lovely place to explore books and
read stories. For lunch we went to the beach with a fun park to watch the
ducklings and play until the rain began to fall. Walking along the waterfront,
we checked out the grocery store for weekend food. The cashier was joyful and
kind and we ran out into the pouring rain to Daddy in the truck, who was done
‘work’ for the day.
Over the week we enjoyed finding new treasures like water
salamanders, fuzzy caterpillars, bird nests full of spotted eggs, tree frogs,
white-tailed does, and neighborhood kitty cats.
Each day a challenge, each day an adventure, each day a
blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment